Monday, September 26, 2011

A good day

Yesterday was a good day. The temperature is cooling down which is good news for Audrey. We we able to go outside for a short walk for the first time in over a month. She walked up the street and back with her oxygen in a little backpack. She was pretty exhausted the rest of the day but I think it was good for her.

We installed a new rail on the staircase which is her level. Now her physical therapist can work with her on the stairs with something for her to hold on to. We tried to get her to use it last night but she would rather crawl still...I guess we'll leave it up to the therapists.

Today being Monday..my day is going as usual. Work is usually pretty busy, especially since I missed Thursday and Friday for Audrey's MD appointments, so it keeps my mind off everything else. Sometime I have a lot of guilt about working so much and putting her in daycare, but I know she likes to play with the other kids and I know I would be a complete mess if I didn't have this little escape. Maybe it's wrong for me to want the escape but I know I won't be any good for her if I can't keep myself together. I'm looking forward to this week. We don't have any doctor's appointments or tests or therapy! Hoping for a "normal" week...

No comments:

Post a Comment